The Donna Louise Children’s Hospice Trust provides a range of specialist care and support services for children with a shortened life expectancy and their families. We provide this care and support from our purpose-built house ‘Treetops’ in Stoke on Trent.
We provide care for children between the ages of 0 -19 years from Staffordshire and South Cheshire.
We support children and their families with the challenges that having a life-threatening condition can often bring. Services may be provided in the family home or the hospice or a combination of both depending on the family's and child’s preference.
The range of services include...
- Day care in the family home or hospice, or both
- Overnight stays at Treetops
- Community support
- 24 hour telephone support and advice
- Counselling and emotional support
- End of life care in the family home or the hospice depending on family preference
- Specialist play and music activities
- Regular Youth Club activities
- Parents and Carers Support Group
- Sibling activities and support.
Our care staff are trained and qualified, and include: children’s nurses, learning disabilities nurses (with experience of working with children), family support staff, play & music specialists and counsellors.