Ways to Support Us
We rely on generous supporters like you to fund the important work we do. There are many ways you can make a donation to The Donna Louise Children's Hospice.
- Pop in to see us: Our Fundraising office is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Donate online here.
- Donate by post: Please make cheques payable to ' The Donna Louise Children's Hospice' and send it to: The Donna Louise Children's Hospice, 1 Grace Road, Trentham, Stoke on Trent, ST4 8FN.
- Donate by phone: Simply call us on 01782 654 444. One of our fundraisers will be happy to take the payment over the phone or to give you our bank details for BACS payments.
- Donate by text: Text "DLCH01 £(donation amount)" to 70070
- If you live abroad, you can make the donation via bank transfer. Please contact us on 01782 654 444 to get our bank details.
By setting up a regular gift today you can help make a difference to the lives of hundreds of children and their families at The Donna Louise Trust.
You can set up a regular donation by:
- Sign up online here.
- Download a Regular Giving form here and send the completed form back to us. We will then set it up with the bank on your behalf and you will receive a confirmation letter from us.
- Call us to request a Regular Giving form.
Are you a UK taxpayer? If so you can increase your gift by 25% at no extra cost to you.
If you have lost a friend or relative, a donation to the Donna Louise Children's Hospice is one way of paying tribute to their memory and ensures a lasting legacy for your loved one while supporting our work.
You may wish for relatives, friends and loved ones to make a donation in lieu of flowers at a funeral, or you may simply wish to remember on their birthday or anniversary a loved one who passed away.
We have discreet thank you collection envelopes, which you may wish to use.
For more information contact the Fundraising Team on 01782 654444.
Legacies can make a lasting difference to helping in the care of our children.
Although around 74% of the UK population supports charities, only 7% chooses to leave a legacy to a good cause.
At The Donna Louise Children's Hospice, income from legacies contributes just 3% of our total income. Knowing that funds have been pledged in a Will, helps us to plan future work with more accuracy, safe in the knowledge we have the necessary funds to implement those plans when the time comes.
We recommend you use a solicitor to help you write your will. This ensures all legal procedures are followed.
We are pleased to announce that Sheppard Fisher solicitors who are specialised in the area of wills and probate in Stafford has kindly offered "free wills" for all individuals intending to either make a new simple will or update their existing will. All advice given is independent of the Donna Louise and there is no obligation to take future services from Sheppard Fisher solicitors. Instead of paying their fee you are invited to leave a gift in your will or make a donation to the Donna Louise.
Alternatively, you can get the contact details of participating solicitors in your local area by searching the directories provided by the UK's law societies.
View our Legacy Checklist here
Remember a loved one and celebrate the life they lived with our Starlight Funds
We have established our very special Starlight Fund programme, as a positive way for you to remember someone special whilst supporting The Donna Louise Children's Hospice in their honour.
How to set up a Starlight Fund?
You can set up a Starlight Fund either online or offline:
- Online Starlight Fund: Visit www.donnalouisetrust.muchloved.org and follows the instructions. It's really easy to set up and you can personalise your page by adding words and photos. Each online Starlight Fund has its own unique web address you can share with family and friends. You can also choose to contribute as much and as often as you wish.
- Offline: Click here to print off the Starlight Leaflet, complete and return it to us.
What will you receive when a Fund is set up
Once your Fund is set up, you will receive:
- A welcome pack, which includes announcement cards so you can use to inform families and friends about the Fund.
- A packet of Forget Me Not seeds to be planted in your loved one's memory.
You will also receive an update on the Fund and an invitation to attend our annual Light Up the Skies event.
Growing your Starlight Fund
There are so many ways you can raise money through your fund. You could take part in one of The Donna Louise Children's Hospice's organised events or you can host your own event. Our Fundraising team can provide assistance, advice and materials to help you every step of the way.
Friends and family can also help your Fund grow; your Starlight can instantly and securely accept donation, with the donation going directly into your Starlight Fund. In addition, all of your previous donations to the Trust will be added to the total.
What your Fund will make a difference to the Hospice
All donations raised in honour of your loved one will help fund the vial work of The Donna Louise Children's hospice. We provide respite and end of life care for children and young adults with life-limiting conditions, as well as support for the whole family. Every penny you can spare will help us to make a real difference to their lives.